As a part of our CSR development as a responsible asset manager, we contribute to a low carbon economy. Since 2002, we are committed to taking practical measures to combat climate change and protect the value of our clients' investments over the long term.
BNP Paribas Asset Management deploys a threefold strategy consistent with the target of containing global warming to +2°C:
- Allocation of Capital: Developing a low carbon offer and financing the energy transition, measuring carbon footprints, identifying and measuring carbon risks
- Responsible Stewardship: addressing climate change in our voting at AGMs and engaging in dialogue with companies on climate change
- Transparency & Commitment: BNP Paribas Asset Management signed the Montreal Carbon Pledge and joined the Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition in 2015; which highlighted the excellence of this approach in its 2016 report.
At the same time, we restrict the impact of our activities on the environment by taking measures to contain our own environmental footprint.
Identify, measure and reduce our exposure to carbon risks
We are one of the first asset managers to sign the Montréal Carbon Pledge and we joined the Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition in 2015.
We are convinced of the necessity to redirect the economy towards an objective of limiting global warming to +2°C. We believe that exceeding this global warming level will threaten economic stability and consequently long-term financial investments.
We made a commitment in 2002 to take measures against the climate change according to our fiduciary obligation to protect the value of our clients’ investments.
Members of the Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC) since 2003, we are involved both individually and collectively in the fight against global warming.
Accompany our clients in the transition to a low carbon economy
We are committed to providing our clients with a detailed analysis of the effects that climate change could have on their investments, and to offering them a broad range of solutions that will meet to their specific needs. We therefore offer bespoke solutions to our institutional investors, enabling them to reduce their portfolios’ carbon footprint.
In late 2015, we prepared a report and published the carbon footprint for 26 equity funds in our international Parvest range. In 2016, this report included nearly 200 funds, all on our dedicated website (in French).
We apply policies to limit investments in sectors concerned by climate change: mining, palm oil, agriculture and the coal-fired power generation.
Reduce our own environmental footprint
We are committed to raising awareness and marshalling our employees to reduce our own environmental footprint, notably through:
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Streamlining our use of paper
- Establishing a responsible travel policy